Are you looking for a tasty and satisfying meal to warm up your winter nights? Look no further than this spicy black bean soup recipe! We’ll be walking you through the ingredients, instructions, and tips to make sure your soup is ready in 2023.
Spicy Black Bean Soup
- -1 tablespoon olive oil
- -1 white onion diced
- -3 cloves garlic minced
- -1 teaspoon ground cumin
- -1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- -1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- -1 can 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- -1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- -1/2 cup water
- -1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- -1 tablespoon honey
- -a tablespoon lime juice
- -Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sour cream shredded cheese, chopped green onions, diced avocado
- Prepping the Soup:
- -Start by prepping the black beans. If you're using dried beans, soak them overnight in water. If you're using canned beans, drain and rinse them.
- -Chop up the vegetables that you'll be using in the soup. This includes the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic.
- -Now it's time to start cooking!
- Cooking the Soup:
- -In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat up some olive oil over medium heat.
- -Once the oil is hot, add in the chopped veggies and let them cook until they're softened - this should take about 10 minutes.
- -Stir in the black beans, broth, diced tomatoes (with their juices), chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce. Bring everything to a boil.
- -Once it's boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 30 minutes.
- -After 30 minutes, taste the soup and see if you want to add more seasoning. If so, add salt and pepper to taste.
- -Now it's time to serve! Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy
Nutritional Benefits of Eating Black Beans
Black beans are an excellent source of nutrition, providing a good amount of protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. They’re also low in fat and calories, making them a great food for weight loss or maintenance. Eating black beans regularly can help reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and certain types of cancer.
Tips for Making a Heartier Version of the Soup
If you’re looking for a heartier version of this soup, there are a few things you can do. First, add some or turkey to the soup. This will add some protein and make the soup more filling.
You can also add some cooked rice or quinoa to the soup. This will bulk it up and make it more of a complete meal. Finally, if you want to make the soup even spicier, you can add some additional hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
How to Store Leftover Soup
Assuming you have already made the Spicy Black Bean Soup recipe, here are some tips on how to store your leftovers:
-Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days.
-To reheat, simply heat on the stove over medium heat until warmed through.
-Soup can also be frozen for up to three months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight or for a few hours before reheating.
This was the complete details of Spicy Black Bean Soup Recipe To Check In 2023. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make an incredibly flavorful and satisfying meal in no time. The spices not only add flavor to the dish, but also provide some fantastic health benefits as well. This soup is perfect for any night of the week when you want something delicious but don’t have a lot of time on your hands. So, get creative with different herbs and spices and give this spicy black bean soup recipe a try!